(as of Aug 01,2021 18:18:42 UTC – Details)
Our Blue Zone
1. Move Naturally – run marathon or go to the gym is not enough. Instead, live in environments that don’t have mechanical convenience and moving constantly without thinking about it
2. Purpose – The Okinawans call it “Ikigai” and the Nicoyans call it “plan de vida;” for both it translates to “why I wake up in the morning.” Having purpose is worth up to seven years of extra life expectancy
3. Down Shift – Even people in the Blue Zones experience stress. Okinawans take a few moments each day to remember their ancestors, Adventists pray, Ikarians take a nap and Sardinians do happy hour.
4. 80% Rule – They stop eating when their stomachs are 80 percent full. The 20% gap could be the difference between losing weight or gaining it
5. Plant Slant – Beans, including fava, black, soy and lentils, are the cornerstone of most centenarian diets. Meat—mostly pork—is eaten on average only five times per month
6. Wine @ 5 – People in all blue zones (except Adventists) drink alcohol moderately and regularly. Moderate drinkers outlive non-drinkers. The trick is to drink 1-2 glasses per day
7. Belong – All but five of the 263 centenarians we interviewed belonged to some faith-based community. Denomination doesn’t seem to matter.
8. Loved Ones First – Successful centenarians in the blue zones put their families first. This means keeping aging parents and grandparents nearby or in the home
9. Right Tribe – The world’s longest-lived people chose–or were born into–social circles that supported healthy behaviors, Okinawans created “moais”–groups of five friends that committed to each other for life.
12.3 oz | 17.64 oz | 24.7 oz
Nalga de Perro + Congo + Conbirra + Killer
100% Costa Rican Coffee, Cacao and Maya Nut + 100% Costa Rican Coffee, Spices and Maya Nut + 100% Costa Rican Coffee and Maya Nut + Maya Nut and Spices + Maya Nut and Cacao + 100% Maya Nut
Guava + Maya Nut And Cinammon + Chan And Lemongrass + Burbark And Spearmint + Lippia Alba And Hibiscus
Blackberry + Cacao + Tamarind + Guava + Pineapple & Passion Fruit
CAFFEINE FREE: Made mainly with Maya Nut, Blue Zones Morning Brew is 100% caffeine free, 100% natural coffee substitute.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Blue Zones Nicoya support the centenarian community of Nicoya, Costa Rica by dedicating a percentage of all our sales directly to their families. At the same time, Blue Zones Nicoya has its production facilities in the area, which in turn provide direct and indirect jobs to the community. Blue Zones Nicoya also develops the Macaw Project, which helps reinsert Macaw populations to the Nicoya Peninsula.
BREWING DIRECTIONS: For a perfect cup of Morning Brew, use 2 tablespoon per cup (15 grams per 6 fl oz of water). Can be prepared using regular coffee makers, french press, V60 or other drip coffee system.